File size must be less than 350kb
You must have online publishing permission or full ownership of this image
File types (jpg, png, gif)
CoVid-19 need not impact your decision to obtain a quote for your roof. We can quote your roof remotely using aerial imagery software and a phone call. It's safe, easy and obligation free!
How long will it take to paint my roof?
Depending on the style of roof you have, type of service you have chosen, size of your roof and weather conditions, it can take between 1-3 days to prepare, paint and complete.
Do I need to do anything before the technicians arrive?
Yes, we suggest you move any vehicles, outdoor furniture or other items out of the way to allow the technicians to access the roof easily and to minimise any water damage or overspray from the pressure washing and painting process. If you have pets or young children, it is a good idea to keep them inside or in a separate area.
Can the painter spray around solar panels?
Yes, our technicians take every care to minimise overspray to solar panels, pool heaters, air conditioning units, and chimneys. These areas are “cut in” with a brush about 300mm from the area to minimise any possible overspray. If there is still a chance of overspray the technicians will cover these areas with protective drop sheets. Note, they only carry limited coverings, so you may be asked to provide extra drop sheets if wishing to cover all your panels or items on the roof. Our technicians cannot remove solar panels or other items on the roof. If wanting to paint underneath, you would need to organise their removal prior to painting commencing and allow for a 28 day minimum curing period prior to re installing.
What if we use tank water at home, can the painting pollute our drinking water?
No. Our technicians use a pre-painting checklist that includes ensuring all tank in-flows and guttering is diverted away from water catchments and tanks before starting the job. DeGroot Roof Painting only uses acrylic paints that are suitable for use on roofs that are drinking water catchments.
Do I need to be at home when obtaining a quote for painting my roof?
DeGroot Roof Painting uses state-of-the-art aerial imaging software and quoting programs to provide accurate information to our customers without the need for a technician to visit on-site. Our sales team will call you to find out as much about your roof and property as possible to ascertain the best approach for restoration. You will then be sent a written quote within 48 hours of your request (weekends and public holidays excepted).
If I want to go ahead with my quote, what do I need to do?
Simply sign and return your quote via email or post to ensure your job is scheduled as soon as possible. One of our technicians will be in touch with you to arrange a date and time to complete your roof restoration job. Of course, you can ring our sales team at any time to talk more about the process.
Do you require a deposit?
In most case, No. If your quote is less than $10,000, just sign and return the quote unless specifically asked for a deposit by our sales team. An invoice will be sent to you at the completion of your job in which we ask that you make payment within 7 days as per the terms and conditions of your quote.
What payment options do I have?
Payment of your invoice can be made via EFT, bank deposit or personal cheque. DeGroot Roof Painting does not currently accept credit card payments.
How long do you guarantee your work for?
We pride ourselves on our work and give written guarantees for up to 15 years depending on the type and condition of roof surface being painted and the service being offered. DeGroot Roof Painting is a fourth-generation painting company, so our guarantees are definitely worth the paper they’re written on! Contact our friendly sales team to find out more about our voluntary guarantees that are above and beyond industry minimum requirements.
Can you paint my house as well as roof?
The DeGroot system of roof painting uses roof based techniques that not only ensure safety for our technicians but has the major benefit to our customers of significantly reducing project costs by mitigating potential damage to your property from the use of scaffolding. Because of this, we concentrate on providing homeowners and business owners with high-quality roof painting down to the gutter line only. Other work on the roof may or may not be included so please speak with our sales team.
If I have a problem with my roof after painting, who can I talk to about it?
We’re happy to discuss any aspect of your job at any time, however, we do suggest that you allow at least 28 days for the paint to settle down and dry completely. Spray lines and imperfections may occur during this period. If you’re still not satisfied after this time, please call us so that we can work with you to ensure your freshly painted roof looks the best it can. You may be asked to complete a Customer Request Form outlining the issue you have with your restoration.
Do you paint and repair tiled roofs?
DeGroot Roof Painting specialises in fast, efficient and thorough painting of all types of metal roofs, including Colorbond steel, galvanised iron, and zinc aluminium. We also offer restoration of concrete, painted concrete, some glazed roof tiles, pressed metal and stitched metal tiles. Unfortunately, if your tiled roof is extremely steep or made of terracotta material, we may be unable to provide you with a quote, so please discuss this with our sales team.
What sort of questions should I prepare for?
So we can give you the most accurate quote, we will ask you a number of questions as part of the initial telephone conversation. Some of the things we'll ask include:
1. Do you know what type of metal or tile your roof is: e.g, Colorbond, Galvanised Iron, Zinc, etc?
2. What does your roof look like when looking up at it from the ground? Has it been painted before or are the sheets as per factory produced.
3. If your roof is painted, is the paint 'flaking' up or peeling in any places?
4. Is there rust present on the roof?
5. Do you have, or have you ever had any leaking issues with the roof?
6. Do you have solar panels or skylights on your roof?
7. Is your roof single or double storey?
8. Is your roof older than 1970? Is it possible that there may be lead paint on your roof?
9. What sections of your building's roof would you like quoted? e.g. 'All of house footprint" or 'carport only'
10. Have you considered colour options? We use the Colorbond range of colours.
11. Are you on tank water where your roof is situated? Do you have tank inflows from your roof? Are your tank inflows easily disconnected?
12. Are you wanting your guttering and fascias painted too? Note, we do not paint below the roof's edge
13. How would you classify the pitch of your roof? Flat, average, steep or very steep?
14. Do you have dormer roofs? Note, we do not paint exterior cladding or dormer windows, but may be able to help with fascia or gutter painting of dormers.
15. Is electricity connected to the property? Our paint spray units require an electrical connection.
16. Are there tenants at the property who may need to be notified of any proposed works? What are their contact details?
17. If your roof surface is new Colorbond, how 'new' is it? Note, we may not be able to paint Colorbond roof sheeting that is 'younger' than 3 or 4 years.